Daycare Childcare Worker – Term
Reporting to the Daycare Director, the one year term Childcare Worker will assist other worker’s and the centre by preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. Assist with sterilizing toys, play areas and other duties to ensure children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
Daycare Worker Responsibilities:
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance as needed
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals
Daycare Worker Requirements:
- High School Diploma, Level 1 ECE or equivalent.
- Certifications, or additional training may be required.
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Record of immunizations, Medical certificate, CPIC, First Aid and CPR,
- WHMIS an asset
- A valid driver’s license
- Exceptional communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to:
Kimberley Lavallee- Human Resource Manager
Piapot First Nation
Zehner, SK SOG 5K0
Fax: 306-781-1710 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: September 14, 2020 @ 4:30 P.M.