Band Member Request Application
Piapot First Nation may provide non-repayable financial assistance (once per year) to eligible band members who are experiencing economic hardship due to a catastrophic event or situation where existing social programs are inadequate. The Band Member Assistance Program is seen as the payer of last resort, therefore, all other coverage must be exhausted prior to making a request.
We DO NOT support the following requests for:
- Telephone, cellular, cable, internet, satellite bills, rent, damage deposit, utility bills, and
- Furniture and vehicle purchases.
- Personal loans and/or outstanding payments.
- Individual Sports travel for events/tournaments if team has already been approved.
- SGI fines, parking, and speeding tickets.
- Any other requests at the discretion of the Chief and Band Council.
The Band Member Request Coordinator will contact the applicant and let them know whether their request was approved or not approved. If approved, cheque pick-ups will be Tuesdays and Thursdays after 3pm only. Please Note – Contact information (phone number to call or email) must be valid and up to date.
Sports-related Sponsorship Programs
KidSport helps children of families facing financial obstacles to participate in sport, so that no kid is left on the sidelines.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport grant?
• Families that are low-income and facing financial barriers.
• Grants are for children and youth 5 to 18 years of age.
• Amateur sport programs.
What does KidSport cover?
• Children could be eligible for up to, but not guaranteed financial support of $500.00 per child per calendar year (Jan-Dec).
• Applications must be submitted before the start date of the sport activity.
• Costs related to camps, travel, championships, high performance do not qualify.
• Dance is not covered. For a list of eligible sports, please visit: http://www.kidsport.ca/sk
Removing Financial Barriers
Sometimes, families need financial assistance to get their kids into a sport or physical activity. They’re committed to helping all families access a range of activities, from boxing to bowling and skating to skiing, and more.
Click here to apply: https://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/pages/individual-child-grants
Arts-related Sponsorship Programs
Families can apply for almost any artistic or cultural activity across the province. Children ages 4 to 19 are eligible for up to $750 per year (June 1 to May 31).
Funding is based on a family’s financial situation and the funds they have available.
Click here to learn more: https://creativekidssask.ca/application-forms-deadlines/