Piapot First Nation invites applications for the Chief Payepot School Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing general administrative assistance, support and maintenance of the school front office. Accountable for managing front office for the benefit of the administrator, staff, students and parents, while projecting a professional image as a first point of contact for the school.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in front office duties answering inquiries, answering phones and other duties as requested.
- Provide on-going correspondence to students, as well as external clients by e-mail, telephone and in person.
- Perform various computer, word processing, typing responsibilities and written communication skills, such as: forms, school programs, correspondence, student handbooks, school communication, newsletters, schedules and a variety of reports.
- Perform the financial functions required to maintain school financial records. This can include petty cash distribution, record keeping, and budget information under the general supervision of the Principal.
- Complete purchase orders for office and school supplies for authorization, check orders received and distribute to appropriate staff, and maintain an inventory of office supplies.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to perform various physical tasks such as lifting or carrying heavy objects.
- Ability to protect confidential information, maintain high professional standards and commit to good judgment and discretion
- Proficiency in the operation of computers, word processing applications and additional software comparable to those currently used in the school.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and manage time
- Ability to deal effectively with a broad range of members of the public, including parents.
About the Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have an Office Administration Certificate and/or Business Admin Certificate and a minimum of 1-3 years of related experience and Grade 12. Must complete a satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector check. First Aid, CPR and valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License are also required.
You will also have exceptional communication, time management and prioritization skills. Above all, you must be a self-motivated professional who shows initiative and can work within a team.
- Cover Letter
- Photocopy of your Certificates
- Copy of Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable sector check
- Cover Letter, Resume and three current references with telephone numbers
DEADLINE: AUGUST 2, 2019 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit your required documents as noted above to:
Piapot First Nation – Human Resources
Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
ATTENTION: Nicole Crowe
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.