About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation is located 49 kms North East of Regina, with a population of approximately 900 members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance on Piapot and at Chief Payepot School. Chief Payepot School is a K to 12 school with approximately 260 students and 52 dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
We currently have 2 Educational Assistant opportunities to join the Chief Payepot School team. Educational Assistants play an integral role that contributes in the development and support of our students. They will provide a scope of support services that will help students in achieving their academic, social, physical potential; most importantly helping students realize their own potential.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Possess a grade 12 or equivalent.
- Educational Assistant Certificate or Diploma is a definite asset.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both orally and written to deal effectively with work related tasks.
- Ability to work in co-operation with education staff in a team environment.
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and solution focused interaction in order to be responsive to students’ needs.
- Ability to be flexible with assignment duties based on student and school needs.
- Applicants must submit a criminal record check with the vulnerable sector upon application.
About the Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a grade 12 or equivalent, an Educational Assistant Certificate or Diploma is a definite asset. First Aid, CPR and AED training is an asset. Specialized training in supporting students with differing abilities is also an asset. You will provide academic, communication, and behavioural support as required by students and directed by teachers, to promote engagement, participation and success for students at Chief Payepot School.
Piapot First Nation is looking for 2 motivated, passionate Educational Assistants who would like to join our dynamic and energetic team for a rewarding experience in our First Nation community.
DEADLINE: June 25, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, copy of degree, certificates, criminal, and vulnerable sector check and three references to:
ATTENTION: Nicole Crowe
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference will be provided to First Nation applicants who self identify.