About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation is located 49 kms North East of Regina, with a population of approximately 900 members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance on Piapot and at Chief Payepot School. Chief Payepot School is a K to 12 school with approximately 260 students and 52 dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
We currently have a full time Office Administration position available at Chief Payepot School. The Piapot First Nation offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, and pension.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Have excellent management skills and ability in utilizing positive office/behavior management strategies fostering a supportive environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written to deal effectively with fellow employees, band membership, the public.
- Retain excellent attendance and work ethic.
- Maintain professionalism while under tight deadlines and multitasking.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to school policies.
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations.
- Willingness to adapt to new programs as needed.
- Maintaining records management of Student Cumulative Files.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
About the Ideal Candidate
To qualify for this role, you will have an Office Administration Certificate and/or relative certificate/experience and a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience working with the public.
The candidate will be proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) and PowerSchool. The ideal candidate will be comfortable handling confidential information, following PIPEDA guidelines.
DEADLINE: June 25, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, copy of degree, certificates, criminal, and vulnerable sector check and three references to:
ATTENTION: Nicole Crowe
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference will be provided to First Nation applicants who self identify.