About Piapot First Nation
With a population of approximately 2500, of which 900 residing in the community, Piapot First Nation is located 35 kilometres North of Regina. Maintaining our language, cultural and spiritual teachings are of utmost importance on Piapot.
About the Opportunity
We currently seeking a highly motivated professional educator for the position of Principal for Chief Payepot School. Chief Payepot School provides a full range of K-12 programs and services for approximately 250 students. This position oversees a teaching staff of 18, multiple support and administrative staff. This position is responsible to serve and protect the interests and integrity of the students, parents or guardians and staff. This also includes efficiently and effectively managing the delivery of the education program(s) and budgets; manage and direct the education sector personnel; supervise and implement all administrative and financial regulations and guidelines as required; ensuring that management, staff and contractors are apprised of and knowledgeable of all administrative and financial policies and regulations; delegating supervisory responsibilities to the educators/teachers; assisting to implement existing administrative and financial regulations and assist in preparation of progress reports with staff. Other primary responsibilities include promoting and fostering public relations, and parental involvement, developing and maintaining accountable relationships; developing, interpreting and evaluating policies for Chief Payepot School; identify community and program needs; recommend and monitor expenditure plans; working with Piapot First Nation Administration staff to administer Human Resource and personnel policy within the Chief Payepot School organizational structure, which would also include recruitment of staff, maintaining effective staff relations and conducting annual performance evaluations.
Qualifications will include, but are not limited to:
- • Must possess Master’s degree in the education field and minimum of three years of work specific experience;
- Possess excellent communication skills including written, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Have initiative and judgment, confidentiality is imperative;
- Possess teamwork and cooperation and planning, organizing and monitoring skills;
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Possess commitment to learning, conflict management and budget skills;
- Willingness to gain a good understanding of Piapot First Nations cultures, traditions;
- Able to work well with community, families and leadership;
- Possess valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle;
- Must provide updated Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable sector check;
- Provide a Valid Saskatchewan Teaching Certificate.
(A combination of relevant work experience in Education Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in education may be considered).
About the Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have:
- Exceptional communication, time management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to interact with community members and stakeholders, while responding with courtesy, tact, and diplomacy;
- Must be a self-motivated professional who shows initiative and can work within a team.
DEADLINE: July 10, 2019@ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter, copy of degree, certificates, and three references to:
ATT: Jayleen Poitras Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 306-781-4853
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.