Reporting to the Daycare Director, the Cook will prepare meals for children and assist other workers. The Cook is responsible for menu planning, purchasing of groceries and supplies and daily preparation of nutritious meals and snacks served to the children (ages 18 months and up enrolled in the centre). The Cook works in consultation with the Director to ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen and its coordination with the other programs of the centre. Other duties are to ensure children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advance planning of lunch menus and snacks in accordance with the Canada/First Nation Food Guide; posting menus for parents and staff.
- Conduct housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain the kitchen in an organized, clean, sanitized, safe hygienic condition.
- Serve and collect lunch/snack trays.
- Complete clean-up after each meal (dishes, countertops, eating areas)
- Meet with Health Inspector as required to ensure kitchen and practices follow compliance with FHQTC Environmental Health Officer.
- Complete regular inventory of kitchen equipment and supplies.
- Purchase groceries and supplies for planned menus in accordance to budget and Director consultation
- Establish and maintain open communication with parents regarding children’s dietary restrictions, allergies etc.
- Assist the Director in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by promptly reporting any existing and/or potential workplace hazards.
Daycare Worker Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Safe Food Handling, Record of immunizations, Medical certificate, Negative CPIC, First Aid and CPR, and WHMIS
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to:
Kimberley Lavallee- Human Resource Manager
Piapot First Nation
Zehner, SK SOG 5K0
Fax: 306-781-1710 Email: email@example.com
DEADLINE: September 18, 2020 @ 4:30 P.M.