About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation (PFN) is located Northeast of Regina, with a population of approximately 900 members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance in our daily operations.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a leader to continue developing our Nation in the Economic Development role here at the PFN. If you are someone who values culture, prosperity, and engagement, we want to hear from you.
Under the support and supervision of the Band Administrator, the Economic Development Officer will report directly to the Band Administrator and the Economic Development Portfolio Holders in creating and implementing a community economic and opportunities plan to facilitate growth of PFN members and businesses.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create and implement a Community Economic and Opportunities Plan within PFN territory for member and Band business benefit;
- Create an Economic Marketing Brand and Strategy;
- Assess and provide recommendations to Chief & Council on the rationalization of PFN’s owned businesses for the economic development or expansion;
- Develop an Entrepreneurship Engagement and Support Strategy for PFN’s band members to support growth within the community;
- Develop a Private and Public Sector Engagement Strategy;
- Work with the Lands Department to ensure that Commercial and Industrial lands identification and designation are prioritized under the Land Use Planning process;
- Lead PFN Business Table;
- Assist in sourcing funds and other capacity support for PFN business, PFN band member entrepreneurs and business-related opportunities on and off reserve;
- Create and facilitate Economic Development Board of Directors meetings;
- Identify and engage with economic partners on larger regional projects.
- Assert PFN’s Economic Development stewardship in the region through partnerships;
- Develop resource-based opportunities for the community.
- Expand on current economic operations, providing high level assistance to grow hospitality & Lease lots;
- Create Economic Development Funding Plan and Annual Budget;
- Other duties that may be assigned.
About the Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Economic Development, or related field;
- 5+ years’ experience of progressively responsible management experience preferably in the community, social service sector or with Indigenous organizations;
- Relative Designation in area of expertise;
- Class 5 Drivers License;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
DEADLINE: July 23, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter, copy of degree, certificates, and three references to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 306-781-1710
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.