Elementary School Teachers – Full-Time
We currently have three (3) exciting Elementary school teaching opportunities to join the Chief Payepot School team on a full-time basis for Kindergarten, Grade 7, and Grade 8 (one-year Maternity leave) teacher roles. Piapot First Nation offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, and pension.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Have excellent classroom management skills and ability in utilizing positive classroom/ behavior management strategies fostering a supportive environment.
- Monitoring and facilitating class discussion forums and assigning associated grades to students.
- Teaching the course content within Saskatchewan Curriculum guidelines.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written to deal effectively with fellow employees, band membership, the public.
- Proven experience in ensuring academic, social, and emotional growth will be respected as well as the ability to integrate our Cree culture into the teaching practices.
- Ability to work in co-operation with education staff in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Cree Language, Culture and Traditions would be an asset.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
About the Ideal Candidate
To qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor of Education Degree, a valid Saskatchewan Professional Teaching Certificate, and a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience.
Piapot First Nation is looking for three (3) motivated, passionate Teachers who would like to join our cultural and energetic team for a rewarding experience in our First Nation community. You want to work collaboratively with community members to incorporate local knowledge.
DEADLINE: July 28, 2019 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, copy of degree, certificates, criminal and vulnerable sector check and three references to:
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax : 306-781-1710 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; please indicate your status on the cover letter.