- Must be physically able to perform the duties required by the position.
- Shall present a clean and neat appearance.
- Shall be dependable and be able to get along with people.
- Shall be orderly and willing to learn new techniques.
- Should possess attitudes that make for harmonious cooperation with students and with the administration, teachers, and other kitchen staff.
- Prior cook experience desired.
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and prepare nutritious noon lunches five day per week.
- Purchase all food, services and equipment for the hot lunch program.
- Responsible for the menu planning and distribution of commodities.
- Prepare and serve food to all students.
- Keep Kitchen area clean.
- Take part in regular kitchen/lunch area cleaning.
- Display a cheerful attitude toward students, staff, and visitors.
- Promote professional growth of the staff by maintaining own program of professional growth.
- Participate in conferences, professional meetings, etc.
- Keep informed about current administrative, instructional, and organizational trends in the area of responsibility.
Organizational and Administration:
- Be directly responsible to the Principal of Chief Payepot School.
Terms of Employment:
- Employment is on yearly Contract.
- By the Principal of the school and Environmental Health Inspector.
DEADLINE: August 14, 2019
Please hand in resume, current CPIC, copy of Valid Drivers’ License, Safe Food Handling and sample menu for one month to:
Attention: Nicole Crowe
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.