Medical Van Driver – Full-Time
We currently have a Medical Van Driver position to join the Piapot Health Services team on a full-time basis. The Medical Van Driver provides transportation to Piapot First Nation community members to access medical services such as appointments with physicians, hospital care, publicly funded diagnostic tests and preventive screening programs, in accordance with Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Medical Transportation Policy Framework. PFN Health Services Medical van driver assists clients to access medically required health services that cannot be obtained on the reserve.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safety and comfort of community members during transport by maintaining Health Services van in safe and sanitary conditions, adhering to traffic laws at all times.
- Knowledge of methods for safely assisting in the movement of clients with mobility issues, which may include persons using wheelchairs or walking aids.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for safely transporting people by passenger vehicle in adherence with the Saskatchewan Traffic Safety Act.
- The ability to manage confidential information in a strict and reliable manner.
- Report maintenance issues to Health Director and ensure repairs are completed.
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly logs, records and reports as required by SGI and PFN Health Services.
About the Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Class 4 Drivers license, Clean drivers abstract, First Aid/CPR, Criminal Record and Vulnerable sector check, must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs, and be able to work extended hours and weekends if required.
SEND /EMAIL/FAX RESUMES TO:
ATTENTION: HUMAN RESOURCES
Zehner, SK SOG 5KO
Fax: (306) 781-1710
We thank all applicants and wish to advise that only those individuals that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.