About Piapot First Nation
Piapot First Nation is located 49 kms North East of Regina, with a population of approximately 900 members on reserve. Piapot controls lands which are comprised of over 19,000 hectares located throughout Saskatchewan. With an abundance of community programs, we take pride in our Nation, ensuring we maintain our cultural and spiritual teachings, which are of utmost importance on Piapot and at Chief Payepot School. Chief Payepot School is a K to 12 school with approximately 260 students and 52 dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
We currently have three (3) Middle & High School teaching opportunities to join the Chief Payepot School team on a full-time basis. (Grade 8, Grade 9 & Grade 10, 11, 12 High School Electives teacher roles) The Piapot First Nation offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, and pension.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Have excellent classroom management skills and ability in utilizing positive classroom/ behavior management strategies fostering a supportive environment.
- Monitoring and facilitating class discussion forums and assigning associated grades to students;
- Teaching the course content within Saskatchewan Curriculum guidelines;
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and written to deal effectively with fellow employees, band membership, the general public.
- Proven experience in ensuring academic, social and emotional growth will be respected as well as the ability to integrate our Cree culture into the teaching practices.
- Ability to work in co-operation with education staff in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Cree Language, Culture and Traditions would be an asset.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
About the Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor of Education Degree, a valid Saskatchewan Professional Teaching Certificate and a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience.
Piapot First Nation is looking for three (3) motivated, passionate Teachers who would like to join our cultural and energetic team for a rewarding experience in our First Nation community. You want to work collaboratively with community members to incorporate local knowledge.
DEADLINE: June 25, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, copy of degree, certificates, criminal and vulnerable sector check and three references to:
ATTENTION: Nicole Crowe
Piapot First Nation
General Delivery, Zehner, SK S0G 1K0
Fax: 306-525-2530 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who express interest in the employment opportunity; however, preference will be provided to First Nation applicants who self identify.