Parent Mentor – Part-Time
We currently have a Parent Mentor position to join the Piapot Health Services team on a part-time basis. Under the supervision of the Piapot First Nation Health Director and in consultation with the Community Health Nurse and the Maternal Child Health Program Coordinator of the File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council Health Services (FHQTC), the Piapot Parent Mentor is responsible for providing referral services to parents of young children promoting independence and utilization of the community resources. The goal of the parent mentor program is to assist families in develop parenting skills, which will support them in raising healthy babies and children in an environment of safety, growth and learning.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining a client list, home visiting schedule and case management records.
- Updating a network of community and FHQTC resources available to clients.
- Promoting the Maternal Child Health Program.
- Completing program work plans and reporting requirements for Maternal Child Health.
- Completing professional training requirements of FHQTC Health Services Maternal Child Health Program.
- Facilitating referrals to resources available to assist parents with healthy child development.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Health Director
About the Ideal Candidate
- Grade twelve or equivalent
- Proficient computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Current criminal records check/ vulnerable sector check
- A valid Driver’s License and own a reliable vehicle
- Valid CPR / First Aide
- Excellent communication both oral and written is essential for this position
- The ability to function within a team and demonstrate leadership and role model capabilities
Piapot First Nation Health Services offers an excellent benefits package following a six-month probationary period. Consideration for interviews will be given to applicants who have the following requirements: cover letter, updated resume, with three references, and requested documentation.
SEND /EMAIL/FAX RESUMES TO:
ATTENTION: HUMAN RESOURCES
Zehner, SK SOG 5KO
Fax: (306) 781-1710
We thank all applicants and wish to advise that only those individuals that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.