2 Full Time & 1 Part Time
Piapot First Nation invites applications for the position of a Peacekeeper. Reporting to the Security Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to observe, report, and monitor activities in the areas of community buildings, businesses, roads, and providing safety to Piapot First Nation. Report potential conflicts or suspicious activity and follow procedures and protocol to request emergency services. Responsible to relay information and messages to and from emergency sites, determine the nature and location of the emergency if first on scene or directed by the Security Manager. It is very important to maintain confidentiality of all operations and ensure Piapot Peacekeepers is represented in a positive manner within the community.
- Follow proper protocols and directives when attending to emergency calls or scene.
- Ensure Protective Safety Equipment is used in a safe manner and deficiencies reported immediately
- Educate the public on responsibilities of the Peacekeepers.
- Follow all radio & emergency procedures including reporting to the R.C.M.P as needed.
- Peacekeepers shall conduct checks and rounds of routes and designated posts.
- Check if buildings are secure and report suspicious activity to prevent break-ins and disturbances to PFN buildings, public areas and homes
- Document incidents and ensure reports are properly written, submitted and communicated to proper authorities
- Prepare security reports and investigations with legitimacy and details submitted in timely manner
- Ensure emergency vehicles and work area is clean at all times and report any required maintenance
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Background must include knowledge and experience in the Security/Peacekeeper field
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and reading skills
- The applicant must have the following: Security Certificate, First Aid/CPR, and WHMIS
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Clear criminal, vulnerable sector, and driver’s abstract check
- Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours when necessary
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and situations
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness and endurance
DEADLINE: March 26, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position; please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume, copies of credentials, and three work-related references to:
Piapot First Nation-Human Resources
Zehner, SK S0G 5K0
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.