School Cook – Full-Time
Chief Payepot School invites applications for the position of Cook. Reporting to the Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, cooking and cleaning of the Chief Payepot Lunch Program. This position is responsible for a variety of routine cooking and cleaning duties performed on a full-time basis to maintain Chief Payepot School’s lunch program in a healthy, safe, and clean manner.
- Advance planning of lunch menus in accordance with the Canada/First Nation Food Guide in consultation with principal
- Conduct housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain the kitchen in an organized, clean, sanitized, and safe hygienic condition
- Serve, distribute and make bagged lunch’s
- Ensure kitchen and practices follow in compliance with FHQTC Environmental Health Officer
- Purchase groceries and supplies for planned menus in accordance to budget
- Maintain and establish a regular inventory of kitchen equipment, materials and supplies
- Other duties as required
- A combination of relevant training and work experience
- Safe Food Handling
- Negative CPIC and Vulnerable sector check
- Be hardworking, reliable, innovative, observant, honest and have a positive attitude
- Good organizational skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- WHMIS, First Aid and CPR training an asset
- Heavy lifting required
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule that will include weekends and evenings
- Valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 21, 2020 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications with your resume and three current work-related references to:
Piapot First Nation-Human Resources
Zehner, SK S0G 5K0
Fax: 781-1710 Email: email@example.com
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.