Piapot Band Administration invites applications for the FNIYES Skills Link Mentored Work Placement Program starting July 2021 (exact date TBD) and ending March 31, 2022.
About the Program:
The Skills Link Program will see participants gaining essential employability and job-related skills, including learning about job and career options to prepare for employment and career development. The program will see participants rotating through different departments, including, but not limited to, Chief Payepot Youth Centre, Daycare & HeadStart, Health Services, Post-Secondary, Social Development, Human Resources and Finance. *Departments are subject to change.
In addition to above, this position will include assisting with the Summer Student Work Experience Program.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to program managers such as, answering phones, faxing, organizing, and maintaining files with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Assist with coordinating program initiatives
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
- Excellent internal/external customer service and communication skills
- Ability to handle multi-tasking daily
- Conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Office/Business Administration education and/or experience preferred but not required
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 30
- Must possess a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent (e.g., GED/ABE)
- Must NOT have participated in the Skills Link program before
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be residing on the reserve
- Training will be provided
DEADLINE: June 25, 2021 @ 4:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position; please send a cover letter and resume with three references to:
Piapot Post-Secondary Program
For more information, please contact Kristin Francis at (306) 541-2494 or by email at email@example.com
We thank all those that apply.