Youth Centre Manager – Full-Time
We currently have a Youth Centre Manager position to join our team on a Full-time basis. Under the direct supervision of the Band Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining the on-going day to day Youth Centre operations. The Youth Centre Manager assists with services to youth living within the community and engages them in accessing youth programming such as sports, recreation, and Cree culture. The Youth Centre Manager will take visionary concepts to an operation to reach meaningful impact targets for Piapot First Nation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assess client/youth relevant skills, strengths, needs, and develop plans of action while providing necessary support and assistance
- Engage corporate sponsors, research grant-writing opportunities, and submitting grant applications to secure necessary resources to fund capital and program expenses.
- Prepare the fiscal project budget and ensure budgetary control over all activities including confidential personnel expenditures
- Implement life skills workshops, sports and recreation programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs, and other community programs.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with community agencies and partners to identify and improve processes that enhance services
- Consultation, collaboration, and co-ordination of services with appropriate community agencies and partners, such as local education authorities, Chief and Council, Tribal Councils, and local Elders
- Research outreach, promotion and partnership opportunities with organizations working with Indigenous youth
About the Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Grade 12 or GED Equivalent with combined experience or diploma/degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or a relevant field.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in the field of Child and Youth Services or other health-related discipline.
The Youth Centre Manager must have five years’ related work experience and two to five years’ management experience. This can include volunteering, internship, mentorship or internal training programs. Training and Support can be provided in the area of budgeting and grant writing.
You will also have exceptional communication, time management and prioritization skills. Similarly, the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders including band members, while responding with courtesy, tact, and diplomacy. Above all, you must be a self-motivated professional who shows initiative.
DEADLINE: July 27, 2020 @ 4:30 PM
Please submit resume, cover letter, degree, certificates, and three references to:
ATT: Kimberley Lavallee Email: email@example.com or Fax: 306-781-1710
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Piapot First Nation relies on The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to give preference in employment; therefore, please indicate your status on the cover letter.