SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Youth Centre Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping oversee the day-to-day operations of Youth initiatives and programs. The Youth Worker Facilitator engages the youth living within the community and assists them in accessing Youth programming.
- Responsibilities include participation in the youth programming, supervision of potential community volunteers, and coaching where and when needed
- Participate in the selection and admission of clients to appropriate programs
- Assist the Youth Centre Manager in program delivery and planning of programs both in and outside of the community
- Work with the client/youth, research background material, and seek the input of other professionals and family members, to provide the assessment that will determine needs
- Form personal connections with youth and parents in order to facilitate issues, maintain regular communication and to foster a safe and happy environment
- Completion of high school and an interest in youth development or other related discipline is required. This can include volunteering, internship, mentorship or internal training programs.
- Possess certifications in First aid and CPR
- Must be willing to travel, possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle
- Submit a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expertise in verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentations
- Quick learner and ability to work independently
- Proficient with MS Office- Excel and Word
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 12, 2021 at 4:30 PM
FORWARD Resume with 3 REFERENCES and certificates to:
Kimberley Lavallee Human Resource Manager
Piapot First Nation
Zehner, SK S0G 5K0
Email: email@example.com Fax: 306-781-1710
We thank all who apply, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted for an interview